Olive oil is a liquid fat obtained from olives, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives. It is commonly used in cooking, whether for frying or as a salad dressing.
Recently though, Olive oil has transcended its use in the kitchen and is now a bonafide beauty products. Its uses range between skin care, hair care and even manicure!
- Does not clog pores, unlike many common moisturisers
- When mixed with natural sea salt, it is an excellent natural exfoliator.
- A substitute for shaving cream, a natural lubricant that prevents burns and bumps.
- Apply olive oil to cuticles for longer, healthier and stronger nails.
- As olive oil is an excellent moisturiser, it can be used to treat very dry skin and eczema.
- When mixed with soap, olive oil makes a brilliant make-up brush cleaner.
- Works as a superb alternative makeup remover.
- Use olive oil spray for long and healthy hair.
- Helps exfoliate cracked heels when used alongside hot lemon water
- Also works well as a lip scrub!