Benefits of Coconut Oil For Face & Skin
I know if I say apply coconut oil to your skin including your face every night before you go to sleep most of you will think am insane.
Applying oil to your skin every night will clog your pores and led to breakouts. Well, this may be right for most of the oils for not for coconut oil. Coconut oil is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral. It reduces inflammation and has a cooling effect. Also, it whitens skin tone,improves complexion and gives a flawless and glowing skin.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a big list of health and beauty benefits. It aids weight loss, improves digestion, improves type 2 diabetes, balances hormones and boosts body immune system. It is known to alleviate the symptoms of gallbladder disease. Also, it improves energy level and memory. Coconut oil pulling prevents tooth and gum decay.
However, apart from the above-listed health benefits coconut oil is amazingly beneficial for skin and well suited for all skin type. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E and good fats. It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties and acts as a skin cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen.
But how to use coconut oil on the skin. You can apply a few drops of the oil directly to your skin but if you have oily skin or fear breakouts, you have a few more options. Below are a few ways you can add coconut oil to your daily beauty routine.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Skin
1. Coconut oil as a face wash – Yes, you can make your face wash using coconut oil. For this warm a glass of coconut oil in a pan to melt it and add five tablespoons of lavender essential and a teaspoon baking soda to it. Use this liquid face wash whenever required.
2. Coconut oil as a lip balm- To Get of chapped or dry lips add a few drops of coconut oil to your favourite lip balm and use it.
3. Coconut oil to treat sunburn- coconut oil is the best treatment for sunburn. Intense sun makes your skin dark, dry and old. It also causes itching and redness. Use coconut oil to treat sunburn and hydrate the skin.
4.Coconut oil insect repellent- One of the easiest and safest way to keep mosquitoes at bay is the application of coconut oil along with essential oil. Add a few drops of any essential oil such as citronella oil or lavender oil to coconut oil and apply to exposed parts to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
5. Coconut oil to remove makeup- It is essential to remove makeup before your sleep. Instead of chemical makeup removal creams use coconut oil for same. Not only your makeup will be removed easily, but also the skin is hydrated and becomes soft.
6. Coconut oil as night cream- Add a few drops of coconut oil to your favourite moisturiser and apply it daily before sleeping as a night cream.
7. Coconut oil as face scrub- To a tablespoon sugar add a few drops of coconut oil and use it as a scrub. Use coconut and sugar scrub once a week for smoother and glowing skin.
We all want to look beautiful. Everybody desires a flawless and glowing skin. You can trust coconut oil as it is entirely safe, affordable and readily available.